Tasmania (Sub branch)
Excellence Awards 2020
Nominations open on Monday 07th September 2020. To nominate click on the following link https://www.judgify.me/tasmania-ihhc-excellence-awards-2020
Nominations close on Sunday 1st November 2020 at 11.59pm (AEST) and will only be accepted when submitted on Judgify.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a face to face awards ceremony event may not be possible. Details will be advised soon when arrangements have been finalised.
A flyer about the Tasmania Sub-Branch awards can be downloaded here.
Details about the awards and how to nominate can be downloaded here.
How to nominate:
In 500 words, please outline how the applicant meets the criteria for the award being nominated for. Nominations need to be factual and detailed, so some tips on how to write an eye-catching nomination can be located here.
IHHC Brightest Star Award
1. Up and coming – the person that displays the most potential & they have blossomed over the past 12 months in providing good care to patients/ residents / clients.
2. A person / team who have gone over and above the call of duty
3. A person / team who has showed examples in their day to day work of treating people with respect and displaying examples of meeting the values of the IHHC & their organisation
IHHC Project of the Year Award
Driving ideas into action through innovative approaches, service improvement in a project they have developed in their organisation / workplace. Examples may be a new initiative or activity that has enhanced the service to clients and made improvements to the business
Some examples are:
1. Invite challenge and positively challenge others to create innovative, practical solutions by moving outside of standard thinking practices
2. Actively encourage bold thinking and embrace new ideas to deliver improved performance and health outcomes
3. Demonstrate a proven ability to respond positively to change and work across boundaries to develop effective solutions.
IHHC Leadership Award
Fostering a culture of excellence by prioritizing the development of staff thought innovative techniques. This could include Safety, Compliance improvement, Budget & business improvement, management & Leadership. Empowering people through excellence in leadership, collaboration and team development.
1. Display leadership through a spirit of collaboration, trust and recognition
2. Identify strengths and empower others to maximize potential
3. Foster excellence in organizational performance and/or productivity and client service.
4. Develop innovative educational opportunities (both clinical and non-clinical) to meet identified learning needs and/or used innovative techniques to develop skills for staff and colleagues
5. Strongly contributed to developing others, connecting teaching to business needs to support patient care.
IHHC values in action / exceptional customer award
Leading by example and demonstrating our values to create a positive workplace culture that enables and supports people to lead and deliver excellent patient-centred care and high-quality services.
1. Exemplify one or more of the IHHC or your organizations values (outline those values & identify which value you are referencing) to strengthen the delivery of healthcare for the people and communities we serve
2. Contribute to a positive and welcoming workplace where people feel valued
3. Encourage a culture of partnership and/or collaboration.
4. Work practices and efforts have proven to provide a positive outcome for their clients/patients/residents.
Each IHHC State branch will hold the awards annually. Winners of the state award categories will be nominated for the National award for each category. Due to COVID-19 the National awards will not be run in 2020. State winners may be included in the 2021 National awards and announced at the IHHC National conference in Perth in 2021. An announcement about that decision will be made soon.
Meetings & Events
IHHC runs many events throughout the year in every branch.
Become a member or sign up to our mailing list to receive updates, or visit the event page.